6.1.10

& Radiation Invasion Collection



london ENGLAND
dazed DIGITAL: what was the main inspiration for the s/s 10 collection?
iris VAN HERPEN: my “radiation invasion” collection is about all the invisible radiation waves around us. are we going to be able to see them in the future, and what do they do with our bodies? will beauty change then? in the collection i answer these question with my imagination and translate them into 11 looks to show different impacts on our body and our beauty.

dD: as always, your clothes were beautifully intricate – is craftsmanship your main driving force?
i V H: they were all one-off pieces. for me the ultimate challenge within a collection is to make opposites fit well together and to create a futuristic elegance, but at the same time a craft look.
dD: there was a strong futuristic feeling about the collection – is that an accurate description of your work in general?
suckerpunchdaily
i V H: yes, there is always some futurism in my work. i like unanswered questions in my concepts, which you can find in future. futurism gives spaceto my imagination and doubts. so, together with craftsmanship and special materials, i create my own personal world.
dD: does practicability and functionality not interest you?
i V H: for me, beauty is a function as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment